It's been over 2 years since I decided to start a new, nomadic life. I had the idea of blogging about this experience as it happened, but not only I am incredibly lazy when it comes to writing, most of the time I have been too busy just enjoying this lifestyle!
The TL;DR version of these last 2 years:
- Lounged a bit in Ireland after leaving work, went on a great road trip along the West coast.
- Lived in Nice 3 months, back in the same house I lived between 2009 and 2010.
- During that time, my dad visited and took him for a trip around Nothern Italy, the Côte d'Azur and Paris; then travelled to DebConf in Switzerland, visited Gregor in Innsbruck, and travelled back to Nice by train, crossing the alps and a big chunk of Italy.
- Then went to Buenos Aires for 3 months (mom was very happy).
- Back in Europe, attended Fosdem, and moved to Barcelona for 3 months; so far, the best city I ever lived in!
- Went back to Dublin for a while, ended up staying over 8 months, including
getting a temporary job at a normal office (booo!).
- Although one of these months I spent travelling in the States (meh).
- And of course, many more short trips, including a couple of visits to Barcelona, Lille, Nice, and of course Brussels for Fosdem.
- Again went to Buenos Aires, only 2 months this time.
- Another month in Dublin, then holidays visiting my friends in Lisbon, wedding in Oviedo, and a road trip around Asturias and Galicia.
- From Spain I flew to Prague and stayed for 2 months (definitely not enough).
- Quick trip to Dublin, then CCC camp and DebConf in Germany.
And now, I am in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.